Duchesne City is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, or any other federally protected class. Please click below to print out an application for employment. Applications are received via email, fax, mail or hand delivery to Duchesne City Offices.
|CLICK HERE FOR JOB APPLICATION|
Starting Wage: minimum wage
Application due date is April 19th
Duchesne City is looking to hire Lifeguards for the summer. Prerequisite requirements include:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Applicants are required to be American Red Cross Lifeguard certified or be willing to obtain the Lifeguard certification.
Applications can be obtained from the Duchesne City Office building located at 500 E Main in Duchesne or online by clicking the link above and must be completed and returned in person or emailed to email@example.com no later than April 19th by 4 pm.